Don't forget! Tonight at midnight EST is the deadline to enter the Blurb book giveaway! Leave a comment either below or on this post (which has more details) telling me what your favourite Corinna Wraps blog post is, and you'll have a chance to win $35 credit from Blurb to make your own bookstore-quality book. Use the credit to make a wedding album, portfolio, family history book, notebook, guest book — any type of book you want using your own photos and text. They're pretty cool. So leave a comment. Now!
UPDATE: THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. UPDATE I've decided to extend the deadline to enter the Blurb giveaway. You now have until Midnight EST, July 2, 2012, to leave a comment for your chance to win $35 credit with Blurb to publish your own book. Plus, here's a behind-the-scenes look at how Blurb books are made.
[vimeo http://www.vimeo.com/25057566 w=400&h=300]
I promised a giveaway for wedding month on the Corinna Wraps blog, so here it is!
What's Blurb? It's an easy way for you to self-publish your own book, be it photo album, notebook, cookbook or anything else you can imagine. Go to the Blurb website, choose your photos and text, order, then receive a customized, professional book. You can even create an ebook or sell your book in the Blurb bookstore.
Last month, when I was at the BlogPodium event in Toronto, I had a chance to see some Blurb books in the flesh, and they're pretty nifty. They look just like books you'd buy from the bookstore, but they're filled with your own words and pictures. I'm busy scheming how I'm going to use the credit Blurb generously gave me (a book of gift wrapping DIY projects, perhaps?)...
The options of what you can publish are endless — a cookbook of your favourite recipes, a family history, a photo album of your baby's first year, a book of poetry, even personalized notebooks and day planners. Or you can create a book of all your photos from Facebook or Instagram. And for the brides and grooms out there, how about a storybook of how you met and fell in love, a personalized guestbook, or a wedding photo album?
TO ENTER Leave a comment below to let me know what your favourite post is on the Corinna Wraps blog. That's it!
One entry per person. Giveaway ends midnight EST,
June 27 July 2, 2012. The winner will be chosen by random draw and will be announced on this blog on June 29 July 4, 2012.
A big congratulations to Danielle, the winner of the Valentine's Wrapping & Crafting Giveaway from 3M Canada! Danielle was chosen by random draw to receive $60 worth of Scotch Brand products to help her with all her Valentine's wrapping and crafting projects. Happy wrapping, Danielle!
And thank you to everyone who entered! You asked some great questions and shared some awesome tips. Watch this blog over the next month as I answer some of the gift wrapping questions that you asked.
Don't forget! The deadline to enter the Valentine's Wrapping and Crafting Giveaway is this Sunday at midnight! Click through to comment on this post to be entered in a random draw to win a prize pack from 3M Canada of some great Scotch Brand products. It's $60 worth of tape and scissors! You won't have to spend money on tape for a long while. Because really, as wrapped-obsessed as I am, even I don't like spending my money on tape. Go comment now!
UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed.
3M Canada has generously offered a prize package of Scotch Brand tapes, adhesives and scissors for one lucky reader of the Corinna Wraps blog! The package includes tons of tape and amazing scissors for making cards and wrapping presents for Valentine's Day.
TO ENTER Ask a question about gift wrapping or share a gift wrapping tip by leaving a comment below.
DOUBLE YOUR CHANCES Sign up for my monthly gift wrapping newsletter to be entered twice in the draw. (Don't forget to comment below too.)
- Scotch Pop-Up Tape Handband Dispenser: Super convenient for gift wrapping, it fits right onto your hand so your hands are free to do the wrapping, not wrestling with tape.
- Scotch Pop-Up Tape Deskgrip Dispenser: Another hands-free alternative that comes in handy when gift wrapping. [One of my personal favourites.]
- 2 rolls of Scotch Vellum Tape: Maybe a handmade card with delicate paper is in the cards this Valentine's Day? If it is, this tape will come in handy!
- 1 tube of Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive: Valentine's Day craft project anyone? Whether it's a scrapbooking project or a seriously fancy gift wrapping job, this quick-dry adhesive will make it stick.
- 2 rolls of Scotch Gift Wrap Tape: Tried and true, the satin finish makes this infamous gift wrap tape nearly disappear on most wrapping paper.
- 2 rolls of Scotch Double Sided Tape: Seriously handy, just around the house or for gift wrapping. [This is my go-to tape for gift wrapping.]
- A pair of Scotch Precision Ultra Edge Scissors: Titanium scissors that'll snip your gift wrap and ribbon so beautifully, you won't want to share them with anyone else in your household. [I have a pair of these scissors — they cut like butter.]
- A pair of Scotch Precision Ultra Edge Non-Stick Scissors: Titanium non-stick scissors for when you're cutting tape, or are in other "sticky" situations.
**Apologies to readers living outside of the Great White North; this giveaway is open only to Canadian Residents.**
Giveaway ends midnight EST, Jan. 29, 2012. The winner will be chosen by random draw and will be announced on this blog on Jan. 31, 2012.