While one may get the urge to be crafty this time of year, reality is that December 25 is quickly approaching and you might not have as much time as you’d like to hand-make all those gifts and meticulously wrap them. With that in mind, here’s one craft that you will have time for: DIY glitter gift tags. It takes less than 10 minutes to make dozens of these tags, which means it won’t take long for you to have enough for all your gifts.
MATERIALS + TOOLS
- Adhesive glitter sheet (available at dollar stores and craft stores)
- Scrapbooking sheet (choose a light colour/pattern that writing will show on)
- Circle punch
- Hole punch
1. Remove the backing from the adhesive glitter sheet and stick to the back of the scrapbooking paper.
2. Use the circle punch to cut out the tags. I used a 1¼” punch, but you can use whatever size you have (though I don’t recommend going smaller that this — you need room to write!). If you don’t have a circle punch, use scissors to cut the tags.
3. Punch a hole at the edge of each circle; I used a 1/16” hole punch. Thread string or ribbon through, tie a knot, and your tags are ready to use.